Andy OostdykDallas Bankruptcy & Family Law Attorney
Andy Oostdyk has a strong background in finances and got his start as a bankruptcy attorney in 2005. He joined Araiza Law in 2014 and primarily focuses on bankruptcy and family law. His intelligent, dedicated representation has helped numerous clients through complex bankruptcy proceedings and in sensitive family law matters.
Originally from Wisconsin, where he grew up in the Madison area, Andy obtained his Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1998. He worked in Milwaukee in the securities department at Firstar Bank and then packed everything he owned into his car and moved to Dallas, Texas, in 2000 where he worked as a Trust and Investment Associate at Northern Trust Bank in Highland Park.
After several years at Northern Trust Bank, Andy pursued his calling in the legal profession. He earned his Juris Doctorate from SMU Dedman School of Law in 2005 and spent the next several years at a boutique bankruptcy firm in Plano. Andy opened his own firm as a solo practitioner in 2011 and added family law and estate planning to his practice. In the summer of 2014, he joined Araiza Law, where he continues to apply his extensive knowledge in bankruptcy and finances to protect his clients’ interests and financial concerns.
Education & Work History
- 1993: Graduated from Middleton High, Middleton, WI
- 1998: Graduated from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, BBA Finance
- 1998: Securities Department - Firstar Bank, N.A., Milwaukee, WI
- 2000: Trusts and Investments - Northern Trust Bank, NA, Dallas, TX
- 2005: Graduated from SMU Dedman School of Law, JD
- 2005: Associate Attorney - Law Office of Greg Wiley, PLLC, Plano, TX
- 2011: Owner/Attorney - Law Office of Andrew Oostdyk, Dallas, TX
- 2014: Associate Attorney - Araiza Law
Andy is also a husband and a father of three boys. He enjoys coaching his sons’ soccer and baseball teams and is an active member of the Knights of Columbus, Council 799.
For more information about Andy and our other attorneys, send a note through our Contact Form or call our Dallas office at (214) 516-7776.
Other Cases We Handle: