Christopher BourellDallas Tax Lawyer
As an attorney at Araiza Law, Christopher Bourell focuses on tax law. He is passionate about helping taxpayers find practical solutions to their tax-related issues and fights to protect their interests in tax disputes, litigation, and appeals. His understanding of the many intricacies of state and federal tax law helps him develop effective strategies to helping his clients build more stable financial futures.
Christopher is an Austin, Texas native. He received his Juris Doctorate from SMU Dedman School of Law, where he earned membership in the prestigious Order of the Coif and was on the SMU Law Review. He moved to New York City after completing law school, where he started his legal practice and continued his education in the Graduate Tax Program at NYU School of Law.
With his education and experience in tax law, Christopher enjoys sharing his knowledge to help clients and other tax professionals with the most complex and highly contested areas of state and federal taxation.
Christopher was an Eagle Scout and still enjoys camping and spending time outdoors. He likes partaking in home improvement projects and enjoys live music and serving the community.
- Liberal Arts Academy at Johnston High School
- Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science, University of North Texas
- Austin Graduate School of Theology
- New York University School of Law, LLM-Taxation 2004
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, JD 2003
- Austin Graduate School of Theology, BA 1999
- Tips from the Trenches: Litigating a CDP Case, panelist for the 6th Annual NYU Tax Controversy Forum, June 2014
- IRS Enforcement and Collections Process: Liens, Levies, and Seizures, CPE presentation for Baruch College Zicklin Tax Seminar, December 2013
- New York Residency Roundtable, CPE presentation for NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter All Day Tax Conference, December 2013
- Gambling: The Tax Man Always Wins, CPE presentation for NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter All Day Tax Conference, December 2013
- IRS Collection: Journey Through the Labyrinth, CPE presentation for the Long Island Tax Professionals Symposium, November 2013
- New York Residency Case Study, CLE presentation for the New York State Bar Association, Senior Lawyers Committee Fall Program, October 2013, CPE presentation for the NYSSCPA Brooklyn/Queens Chapter Annual Tax Conference, January 2013, and for the Long Island Tax Professionals Symposium, November 2012
- Tax Audits: How to Handle Them, How to Avoid Them, CPE presentation for the NCCPAP Nassau/Suffolk Chapter, Map Committee, December 2012
- Innocent Spouse Relief, CPE presentation for the NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter Half Day Tax Conference, October 2011, the NYSSCPA Brooklyn/Queens Chapter Annual Tax Conference, November 2011, and the NYSSCPA Staten Island Chapter Annual Tax Conference, December 2011
- Celebrity Tax Problems: When Tax Collection and New York Residency Matters Hit The Headlines, CPE presentation for the Long Island Tax Symposium, November 2011, and the NCCPAP Nassau Chapter Meeting, January 2011
- IRS Installment Agreements, half-hour CPE/CLE presentation for the Long Island University Tax Enforcement Update at the C.W. Post Campus, September 23, 2011
- IRS Collections Notices and Procedures, one-hour CPE presentation for accounting firm Raiche Ende Malter & Co., LLP, July 21, 2011
- New York Residency Update, one-hour CPE presentation for accounting firm Wild, Maney, Camera, & Resnick, LLP, March 17, 2011, and for accounting firm Raiche Ende Malter & Co., LLP, June 8, 2011
- Updated Audit Guidelines for New York Residency Disputes, article in the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, Nassau Chapter Newsletter, September 2010 (with Y. Cort & K. Tenenbaum)
- IRS Collections: Trust Fund Recovery Penalty, half-hour CPE presentation for the Long Island University Summer Tax Series at the C.W. Post Campus, August 27, 2010
- Texas Margin Tax, two-hour CLE/CPE presentation for the Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants, December 4, 2008
- Interesting Developments in Like-Kind Exchanges, one-hour CLE presentation for the Austin Tax Study Group, May 20, 2008
For more information on tax law and how Araiza Law can help, call our Dallas offices at (214) 516-7776 or send a note via Contact Form.